Welcome to CHECK-IT Building inspections.
Having been in the inspection industry for over 15 years, we are very good at inspections including litigation reports. From start to finish we offer a professional experience and document what the untrained eye can’t see for an on-site building inspection, providing an innovative, blue chip service, for either the corporate opportunist with limited time, or for that retired and diligent investment marksman who needs quality confirmation. We offer commitment without surprise to buyers at private and commercial locations throughout Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Gold Coast Metro basin areas.
- Town Houses
- Semi Detached
- Factory Units
- Industrial Sheds
• Dilapidation Report Inspections (neighbouring construction site) Pre-existing conditions/deterioration Friable asbestos assessment Structural impact/penetration Structural geo movement/manipulation Cosmetic assessments.
• Handover Reports Fences, paths, verandas, decking, doors, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, staircases, laundry, bathrooms, bedrooms, dining, entertainment areas, kitchens, roof cavity, garages, saunas, spas and yards within 30 metres surrounding a dwelling.
• End of Warranty Inspections (6y/old houses) Fences, paths, verandas, decking, doors, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, staircases, laundry, bathrooms, bedrooms, dining, entertainment areas, kitchens, roof cavity, garages, saunas, spas and yards within 30 metres surrounding a dwelling.
• Building Repair Consultations ASAP building repair inspection reports fire/storm/flood/ no worries.
Our Inspections & Reports
What We Inspect
Fences, paths, verandas, decking, doors, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, staircases, laundry, bathrooms, bedrooms, dining, entertainment areas, kitchens, roof cavity, garages, pools, saunas, spas and yards within 30 metres surrounding a dwelling.
Faults & Repairs
• Door lock failure
• Paint peeling
• Timber rot
• Timber pest damage
• Concrete lime calcification
• Concrete structural cracks
• Termite barrier absence
• Windows cracked / broken
• Staircase not compliant to safety
• Stairs and decks rotten
• Roof deterioration.
• Evidence of prior poor
• Don’t be put off by building repairs. You may still purchase that property.
• Sometimes banks can place a condition on your bank finance loan. They won’t lend you the money for your new home purchase if the home has defects.
• Or they may say they will lend you the money for the valued amount…..less the cost of defect repairs.
• Not a problem we say.
• We can quote on any repairs
that your new property purchase may require and then adjust the costs within your budget.
• Don’t forget to negotiate on price from the vendor with our repair quotes too.
Building Inspection FAQs
- Check-it inspection reports are valid for 30 days from inspection date.
- Our inspectors promise a 3 hour turn around completion to client unless stated.
- No malicious property damage will be as a result of our Check-it inspection process.
- All our building inspectors are licenced and fully insured.
CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA inspections (Brisbane Sunshine & Goldcoast)
encourage proper inspection services and practices at all times to AS:4349.1 .
a) All CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA cliental engaging in contractual agreements being of verbal and/or documented format do so at their own authority and with full knowledge that they accept and understand all CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA conditions that may be applicable to their circumstance.
b) We encourage purchasers to thoroughly read and understand all / any contractual agreements and conditional terms when agreeing to accept in contract.
c) All CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA inspections are conducted and carried out with accuracy and with highest of attention to detail for the purposes of fault / damage / structural defect assessment and testing though further conditions of fault / damage / defect may remain hidden or unconfirmed without complex or further investigation and / or demolition removal.
d) All properties built prior to 1980 have the capacity to contain asbestos within the construction materials or on the surrounding grounds as a result. The property purchaser agrees prior to their CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA inspection that the purchaser holds all responsibility and accountability for the purchase of the property if the property contains asbestos in any form having been found during or thereafter inspection.
e) It is critically recommended that the following inspections and reports be conducted as a supplement to a Check-It Australia report prior to any decision to the purchase of the said property or item. Obtaining the following reports will better equip the purchaser to make an informed and suited decision.
Pool Safety inspection / Council plan inspection / Timber Pest inspection / Electrical inspection / Plumbing inspection / Drainage inspection / Asbestos inspection / Mould inspection / Air conditioning and filter inspection / Gas fitting inspection / Alarm & smoke detector inspection / Geotechnical inspection / Appliances inspection / Chimney inspection.
f) The purchaser of the Check-it Australia report accepts that to purchase the said property thereafter the engagement of contract, the purchaser holds all responsibility for their own actions to purchase that property with or without engaging specialist trades or engineers for further assessment.
g) Check-It Australia holds no responsibility or liability for the applicant’s use/misuse of their Check-It Australia report documents nor endorse property suitability.
h) A basic site arrival / call-out fee of $65.00 will apply to all obstructed inspections due to or as a result of non-access to property retraction of sale or cancellations within (2) hours prior to booking time.
i) All Check-it Australia reports shall remain the property of Check-it Australia and not be for commercial, private or litigation use/s or financial gain until complete payment for that report has been finalized and met in total as was set out in the accompanying invoice/s. An additional 6% charge may apply per week if fees are not paid in full within a (7) day period from this dated invoice.
j) All Check-It Australia customer’s credit card and/or banking details will be destroyed after a 21 day period and will not in any way, shape or form be passed on for sale, financial gain, deception or other to third parties other than the credit card holder’s financial credit authority for valuation purposes unless requested for legal reasons by Australian government law enforcement agencies only.
k) After the owner/purchaser of the Check-It Australia report has benefited in the way of a positive or negative purchase with the seller of that inspected property and/or information regarding property condition/s and circumstances, Check-It Australia holds rights of the report for future business management and/or legal purposes in which Check-It Australia will remain the sole rightful holder and include at any time may destroy the document/s at choice thereafter 3 years without notice to parties involved.
l) CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA inspections (Brisbane, Sunshine & Goldcoast) encourage proper inspection services and practices at all times to Australian Standards AS:4349.1 with the interest of safety toward the public and personal property.
m) CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA may sponsor independent associations and authorities through active membership though Check-it Australia shall not be held responsible or liable for any of those third parties actions if the said parties are found to be negligent in an unlawful way or form.
n) All CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA advertising and digital listings were placed with intention of goodwill at the time of employment and not for intent to be offensive or defamatory in any manner or form as a result regarding the wording, text, spelling or graphics. In addition all CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA advertising material shall be removed by CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA if found proven to be seen as unfit for public exhibition. In addition CHECK-IT AUSTRALIA shall not be held responsible for any offensive or defamatory view as a result from any third party advertising or live listing on any website purposefully or by accident.